Monday, September 7, 2009

Last day to Follow! It all ends tonight!

Hey guys!

If you're new to this page, first thing you need to do is click the "Follow" button over there on the right.

Only 16 hours left in the competition! For everybody voting here in the States, that's a 7:30/8pm deadline tonight!

The top three candidates with the most followers get considered for a 3-month job in New Zealand! Hit "Follow", and then share this page with your friends (but make sure you're only making one account per person... duplicate accounts will get me disqualified).

I was sifting through my iPhone photos that I've been snapping for you guys, and I found one of my late night treat, S'Mac mac and cheese, to keep me going while I was working on my Today Show posters. Allow me to introduce the "Cheeseburger Nosh".

It comes in its own little pizza box when you order take-away from Sarita's Macaroni & Cheese on 12th & 1st. I found this place my sophomore year of NYU and have been a loyal customer ever since. Yes, it's probably three heart attacks worth of cheese in a little plastic dish... three tasty heart attacks. And if you're skint (NZ term for short of money), the price is even tastier; a nosh sized mac will only cost you around $6/7. Make sure you ask for bread crumbs!

One of the most important things about a culture to me is its food. Yes, that's the Italian speaking. But the East Village is chock full of little gems that I'm really excited to explore now that I'm a resident. From the Thai lunch special to the random convenience store with a burrito stand in the back (yes, I've been there), there's always something to satisfy both your curiosity and your appetite. I hear New Zealand has some "fush and chups" that I've just got to try....

Amongst those other photos was a better shot of my painted face. Have at it.

See? I'll even chance looking like a professional wrestler for you guys. ;-) I do special effects makeup aside from writing/producing/directing, so to use only grease paint was a nice break from all the bloody gashes and gobs of latex!

Remember, this is it! Last day to follow!

Cheers,
L

2 comments:

  1. should be served with a defibrillator. hope all is well, and wishing you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    I remember going to the Lititz Art Shows to see your masterpieces hanging on the fences with Best of Show ribbons on them. You go girl! We wish you the best! I hope you win! Joe and Betty Narkiewicz

    ReplyDelete